- Leadership enthusiast, writer, coach and seasoned communications executive driven by opportunities for growth in both people and organizations.
- Adaptable professional with overseas remote working experience;
- Embracer of new technologies and fascinated by the additional skillsets and new leadership styles introduced through social media and video capabilities.
- Always looking for opportunities to inspire and be inspired.
What ignites her:
- Discovering uniqueness in self and others
- Uncoventional thinking
- Social media
- Animals; in particular anything and everything relating to dogs
In 2013 my family was relocated from Houston, Texas, USA to Baku, Azerbaijan. During my year overseas I learned a valuable life lesson. Although the external world as I knew it had become foreign to me, my internal world remained the same. The year brought deep reflection into who I was and what I was meant to be.
Change is inevitable and in fact, vital for life to progress. Regardless of the changes that may be going around you, you can always find comfort in being you. That will never change. The noise, perceptions and assumptions that we are surrounded by, and often brought up in, are distractions that make us lose sight of what we’re all about. This is why so many people feel like they don’t have a spark, a dream or motivation to help them move forward.
This is how DareToBe was born. Despite our diverse backgrounds, skills, roles and titles, we are all the same inside: human. I started the concept through the #DareToBe Twitter chat, creating a forum that connects everyone and challenges you to embrace your humanness–daring to be yourself.
Since November 2014, a powerful group of diverse individuals unite on Twitter every Tuesday at 8 p.m. ET to be themselves when discussing everyday topics. The chat has given me further inspiration to expand the dare to be mindset into other outlets: blogging, video and writing. Stay tuned for exciting growth!